Click Here!! http://www.saturdaydiet.com for eCourses
Insomnia & Sleep Apnea Effects On Health & Weight Loss
Poor Quality Sleep
• Researchers at University Of California recently reported that the quality of sleep especially among the elderly can cause brain deterioration and substantial memory loss. • In the area of the brain where long term memory is stored called the prefrontal cortex receives transferred brain wave memories from the hippocampus which are produced during sleep.
Poor quality of sleep in seniors triggers memories to be trapped in the area called hippocampus and not go to the prefrontal cortex. Causing difficulty remembering names and forgetfulness.
Sleep Disruption & Memory Loss
According to UC Berkeley sleep researcher Matthew Walker, an associate professor of psychology and neuroscience:
“What we have discovered is a dysfunctional pathway that helps explain the relationship between brain deterioration, sleep disruption and memory loss as we get older and with that, a potentially new treatment avenue.”
He added: “When we are young, we have deep sleep that helps the brain store and retain new facts and information,” Walker said. “But as we get older, the quality of our sleep deteriorates and prevents those memories from being saved by the brain at night.”
• The brain creates waves from the middle frontal lobe, as this part of the brain worsens, which generally occurs among elderly, it damages the ability to enter deep sleep, which is critical for keeping memories.
• Research is indicating that using electrical stimulation improved sleep and improved memory.
• Lead author of this study Bryce Mander, a postdoctoral fellow in psychology at UC Berkeley, said: “Can you jumpstart slow wave sleep and help people remember their lives and memories better? It’s an exciting possibility.”
• The quality of deep sleep on average is much lower for seniors than for younger people often as much as 75 percent.
• Studies have reported that it is suggested that the deterioration of the frontal lobe is linked with impaired wave activity.
• The special importance of a good nights sleep can not be over emphasized.
• Our bodies produce less of the sleep hormone melatonin as we age.
Check with your doctor before taking melatonin supplements.
Insomnia & Sleep Apnea
Insomnia, the most common sleep complaint, which affects almost half of adults 60 and older.
– Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), which can elevate the risk for high blood pressure, stroke, heart disease, and cognitive problems. Snoring, a symptom of OSA, is a very common condition affecting nearly 40 percent of adults, and is more common among older people.
Not sleeping well can lead to a number of problems. Older adults who have poor nighttime sleep are more likely to have a depressed mood, attention and memory problems, excessive daytime sleepiness, more nighttime falls and use more over-the-counter or prescription sleep aids.
8 Good Sleep Tips
1-Establishing a routine sleep schedule.
-2-Avoiding utilizing bed for activities other than sleep or intimacy.
– 3-Avoiding substances that disturb your sleep, like alcohol or caffeine.
– 4-Not napping during the day. If you must snooze, limit the time to less than one hour and no later than 3 p.m.
– 5-Stick to rituals that help you relax each night before bed. This can include such things as a warm bath, a light snack or a few minutes of reading.
– 6-Don’t take your worries to bed. Bedtime is a time to relax, not to hash out the stresses of the day.
– 7-If you can’t fall asleep, leave your bedroom and engage in a quiet activity. Return to bed only when you are tired.
– 8-Keep your bedroom dark, quiet and a little cool.
Please subscribe and share this information with everyone on your email list.
Thanks for watching!! If you know someone who could benefit from this information, please feel free to forward it to them!!
Bill and Joan Loganeski have discovered a meal replacement you can make at home for very little money and when combined with our Saturday Morning Diet plan it will help you lose the weight. The Saturday Morning Diet channel is our educational and information channel to help you use lose weight in a healthy way.weight loss, exercise, free, meals, meal plan, diets, program, easy, healthy, foods, quick, rapid, diet, health, how to lose weight