Everyone is looking for a quick weight loss diet plan. With the number of fast food joints rising and peoples schedules becoming more and more hectic it is harder to find a diet plan to stick to with our hectic lives. In this article we will outline some tips to consider when going on a diet to lose weight fast.
Although there are many effective diets on the market today there are certain fad dieting trends you should stay away from.
Here are 3 trend you should avoid when finding and picking your weight loss plan.
1. Meal Skipping Or Starving: This is a sure way to failure. Skipping meals sends your body into something known as a “starvation state” where it will store more of it as fat because it doesn’t know when its next meal is or if it’s coming.
2. Needing ZERO Exercise: Although it is possible to lose weight. Finding a diet that promotes massive weight loss with NO encouragement of any type of exercise is dooming your to failure. You can lose weight from diet alone but the results won’t be impressive.
3. Diet pills: Do they work? Yes. Are they a long term solution? No. There are some people that can benefit from diet pills but the majorities of people that take them don’t need them and are doing more harm than good. As someone that has taken many of them the results are usually short lived and do nothing as far as teaching you long term weight loss methods. It’s like putting a Band-Aid on a broken leg.
Now what should you do when going on a diet to lose weight fast?
1. Choose The Right Diet: Choosing the right diet is the MOST important aspect in your weight loss plan. If your goal is long term sustained weight loss you want to keep away from the fad diets that promise to make you lose 50 pounds in 30 days! Instead find a diet that teaches healthy eating patterns that lead to slow long term loss. Diets like Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers, Atkins, Mediterranean diet or South Beach.
REMEMBER: choose a diet that you actually like and will enjoy doing. DO NOT pick the one that you think will make you lose weight the quickest. More than likely you won’t stick to it. If you are on the diet and it feels like you aren’t even on one that’s what you’re looking for.
2. Learn The Eighty Percent Rule: No matter what diet you choose learn to apply the 80% rule of eating. Only eat till 80 percent full. This will take some time to get accustomed to and learn when it is but once you do it you will be glad you did. This method alone has been responsible for a large percentage of my weight loss and keeping it off.