When you are looking for a weight loss exercise program, you want it something that helps improve your physical appearance, something that will make your day do day activities easier, pleasant and enjoyable. You want an exercise program that increases your total health. However, any exercise program that aims for weight reduction is neither an easy exercise nor painless program. When the programs you avail and perform do not give you pain, the effectiveness of your fitness program will not at all work for shaping, toning and weight loss as any weight loss program should be. When it fails, the program itself is not wrong, but the person who performs it.
Weight gain and obesity are among the top concerns of the world today. These are not just an aesthetic problem, but these are more viewed as a health problem which is temporary if healthy ways are already put into practice. You can see in the gym or even around the plaza, many people strive to exert effort in exercising such as doing jogging, running, etc. pail of sweats and gasping for air are evident. You see, millions of people are becoming aware of the importance of exercise, such that losing weight can be very beneficial to health and to oneself. Although there are still many who find lives comfortable doing nothing, and just lying on a couch, this article can be an eye opener for them. For those who fail many times despite the effort they made, there might be a problem on the performance and the intensity of the exercise. As such, for those who attempt to engage in an exercise program to lose weight, the exercise must be a life-long effort, a long-term approach that can help you reach your goal.
In every exercise program, you have to know what are to be expected in your program:
1) The program must give you the motivation sufficiently to effectively decrease the amount of calories you eat or increase the amount of calories you burn each day.
2) The program should be done in a slow, steady manner for weight loss. You have to realistically lose 1 pound weekly for the first few weeks.
3) If you have not been exercising all your life, start at a slow pace and as your body becomes adjusted, gradually increase the amount of time and the pace of the exercise.
4) Choose exercises that that you enjoy and that fit your overall personality; while exercising, it is important to enjoy at the same time.
5) The exercise program should be done regularly; as much as possible, make it as a daily routine to gain the most health benefits and weight loss. Choose those activities that fit into your schedule.
6) Exercise comfortably.
7) In every exercise, your safety and comfort are your priority. Meaning, you have to wear shoes and clothes that perfectly fit in you, in such a way that you can perform well without destruction.
8) There are a lot of different exercises for you to choose from, so change daily so that you will not get bored.
9) Challenge yourself. In every exercise, it is important to increase your intensity and duration. The more you do it, the greater the effect. Also, when you have reached your goals, reward yourself of a spa treat. So, never lose hop and enjoy while you exercise. Make that physical activity a part of your lifestyle. Remember, if you just believe and take part in exercising, weight loss can happen, it will.
Here are some weight loss exercise programs for you:
Before starting on the exercise, do the basic warm up to prevent body trauma.
- Stand straight and spread your legs widely. Make sure you are able to spread it with balance.
- Extend your arms as in a Y position above your head.
- Slowly squat down by pushing your hips back; hold into that position as long as you can and get back to the starting position.
- Do 15 wide squats as much as possible.
- When you get stronger, hold when you squat longer.
- Lie on the floor, face facing down.
- Put your hands close to your shoulders.
- Slowly raise your body off the ground with the help of your hands and feet as you pushed them against the floor. Your body must be kept straight while doing this.
- For beginners, you can raise your body from your knees instead of feet, reducing the work on the arms.
- Do 15 repetitions; if you can’t, make it 5 counts for 3 sets.
- Assume a standing position with your arms on your sides.
- As you jump, spread legs and raise your arms above the head, making a circular motion as it meets above.
- Returns to the standing position with your arms are back in your sides.
- Do 60 repetitions or so.
- Grab two dumbbells (the weight depends on you, just not too light or too heavy).
- Lie on the floor, facing upwards.
- Slowly, raise the dumbbells to meet above your chest. Your arms must be kept straight.
- Then, lower slowly and hold just above the ground and not on the ground.
- Repeat 15 times or as long as you can tolerate.
- Almost the same with lying fly, but the difference is to hold the dumbbells at the ear level.
Seated Tricep Extension
- Sit straight; hold 1 dumbbell above your head using your both hands.
- Make sure the weight is not too light or too heavy.
- Slowly, lower the dumbbell behind your back, still held by your 2 hands.
- Keeping the raised arms as vertical as possible.
- Get back to the starting position and repeat the steps for 15 seated tricep extensions.
One Armed Row
- Put your left knee on a chair, lean forward and support your body with your left arm on the chair. Hold a dumbbell in your right hand. Lift the weight by raising your elbow toward the ceiling. Hold. Return to the start. Do 15 reps.
Dumbbell Bicep Curl
- Either assume a standing or sitting position;
- Hold a dumbbell on each hand and bring it down toward the floor.
- Slowly, raise the right dumbbell toward your chest.
- Curl the dumbbell as you raise it so your palm faces your chest.
- Repeat step, and do it on the other side. Do 15 dumbbell bicep curls.
Walking Lunge with twist of torso
- Start in a standing position.
- Step largely forward and lower your hips.
- When you are at your full position, twist your upper body toward the side of the stretched leg. Twist back to the front and return to the starting position.
- Repeat steps and do it on the other side.
- Start in a push up position, such that your hands and shoulder width apart.
- Keep back straight as much as possible.
- Hold for 15 seconds.
Side Lunge with Arms Raised
- Assume a standing position
- Arms should be raised straight out in front of you.
- Move your right foot to your right side and slowly lower your hips.
- Return to the starting position.
- Do 5 reps then repeat on the opposite leg.